Bakkt is looking for a skilled Software Engineer (SWE). As a SWE, you will join a high performing group of experienced engineers working on systems that support Bakk's operations as a leading crypto first business.
Founded in 2018, Bakkt builds products that enable our clients to grow with the crypto economy. Through institutional-grade custody, trading, and onramp capabilities, our clients can leverage technology that’s built for sustainable, long-term involvement in crypto.
When you join Bakkt, you’re joining a team that is dedicated to helping businesses realize crypto through technology that is built to support their strategies.
Come build with us.
Ideal candidates will have an established background in designing and building highly scalable systems, excellent communication skills, and the motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
What You Will Do
- Take responsibility for the design, development, test, and deployment of a range of large-scale services
- Collaborate with product, project, development, and ops teams
- Plan and decompose high-level features, providing accurate estimates and roadmap/development plans
- Support your colleagues in a high-performance software development organization
The skills you will need to succeed
- Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Background in Fintech, Payment planforms, and/or cryptocurrency
- Teamwork, willingness to go the extra mile, and a strong sense of ownership
- Demonstrable SQL/RDBMS experience
- Familiarity with Docker and containerization
- Be pragmatic - do not let perfect be the enemy of good
- Exposure to the Spring Framework
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with messaging solutions like Kafka, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Experience with SDLC tooling like Jira and Confluence
Why You Will Love Bakkt!
- Inclusive work environment. We believe in diversity and inclusiveness.
- Hybrid work schedule
- Incredible career opportunity in one of the most exciting and booming industries in the world!
- Top Spec MacBook Pro !
- Modern offices in Clockwise @ River House Belfast
Bakkt is devoted to having diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Bakkt does not make any employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity of any other characteristic protected by law. Must successfully pass a post-offer background check and drug screen.