Business Development Representative
Founded in 2018, Bakkt builds technology that connects commerce.
Our vision is to connect the digital economy by offering one ecosystem for cryptocurrency and digital assets, loyalty, and commerce. We enable our partners and clients to deliver new opportunities to their customers through SaaS and API solutions that unlock crypto and drive loyalty, powering engagement and performance.
Come build with us.
As member of the GTM Strategy & Operations team, the Sr. Lead Business Development will be responsible for building a robust and qualified pre-sales pipeline utilizing both inbound and outbound Sales tactics.
- Inbound pre-sales and programmatic growth
- Nurture, educate, and qualify marketing leads via email, early discovery meetings, and direct nurturing to create sales-ready opportunities
- Attend key conferences and marketing events with the goal of capturing interest in Bakkt’s offerings and forging relationships with new and existing prospects
- Develop, demonstrate, and lead best practices related to inbound lead management and account development
- Strategic outbound business development
- Proactively identify and research target companies that are aligned with the overall Bakkt business strategy
- Initiate contact with senior business contacts at target companies in the attempt of piquing interest, establishing rapport, and starting discovery conversations about Bakkt’s value proposition and offerings
- Sales support & admin
- Acquire key prospect data from initial conversation, open web, sales databases, and other sources to ensure a clean and accurate lead profile is entered and maintained in Salesforce.com
- Coordinate with Marketing on the creation of repeatable and scalable Sales playbooks for lead and opportunity management
- Interface with Business Development Executives to facilitate a healthy calendar of discovery meetings, clear documentation and call reports, and knowledge management related to pipeline activity, customer conversations and context, and learnings from the field
- Sales & Marketing alignment
- Curate and communicate key learnings and ongoing reporting from the field to inform both inbound and outbound sales and marketing strategies, with the goal of optimizing our go-to-market for a high volume of high-quality sales prospects
- Work with Marketing and Sales leadership to craft and refine lead generation campaigns based on pipeline performance and intelligence gathered from activity in the field and personal business development research
- A high energy, hungry professional with a sixth sense for sourcing commercial opportunities
- A deep listener and voracious learner. You will ideally be spending 80%+ of your time listening to and understanding the business and technology needs of prospective customers
- A deep interest in and solid knowledge of financial and technology concepts, bonus points specific knowledge of crypto products and platforms
- A personal and professional interest in crypto and blockchain technology, crypto markets and digital finance
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, and experience representing a company’s value proposition to senior and executive level management (both internal and external).
- Prior track record of success outbounding: Prospecting, Lead Generation, Appointment Setting, Discovery
- Comfort with operating in a fast-paced, performance-focused environment with often competing or simultaneous priorities
- A desire to grow your career in Business Development and/or Growth
- Experience using tools in the sales stack, including Salesforce.com, LinkedIn Sales Navigator and sales outreach tools
- Proven success as a Business Development Representative or Sales Development Representative in the software industry, preferably in Fintech or cryptocurrency platform
Bakkt is devoted to having diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Bakkt does not make any employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity of any other characteristic protected by law. Must successfully pass a post-offer background check and drug screen.