Event Operations Coordinator
Kadena is hiring an Event Operations Coordinator to support our Operations team with every logistical aspect of event operations, from shaping event concepts into production to post-event admin. We work closely and collaboratively, especially with the business development and community teams. We are open to hiring someone slightly more junior (Event Administrative Assistant) through slightly senior (Event Operations Manager) and encourage you to apply if the general scope of the role is interesting and relevant even if your experience isn’t a 100% match. The role is a good fit for someone who enjoys being forward-facing as well as doing the work behind the scenes, and is proactively communicative and able to quickly identify and adapt to challenges.
The ideal candidate is meticulous, trustworthy, and at ease in a startup environment. We are flexible and don’t have a traditional corporate structure but we take our work seriously and require someone who is committed to doing what it takes to get the job done. We encourage people to show up as their whole selves, which includes pursuing passions outside of the (virtual) office. We also want to be honest about how this can at times be more demanding than your standard 9-5 job.
- Support the Operations and BD team with strategizing, developing, and executing all events (internal and external)
- Monitor industry events and subsequent calendar to identify which events support the best type of presence for the company
- Be the main point of contact for all events-related planning. This includes, but is not limited to: securing speaker slots at conferences, initiating discussions with hotels and venues, etc.
- Work with the Operations team to create, monitor, and adhere to approved budgets
- Review vendor contracts and negotiate terms as needed
- Assist with final hotel and vendor billing reconciliation and auditing post-event
- Document management
- Provide clear and concise updates on event planning, identifying and addressing any impacts to upcoming events and proposed resolutions
- Travel to in-person events
- Coordinate other responsibilities as assigned by Operations team
- 2+ years experience in operations or events roles
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Commitment to precision and accuracy
- Excellent ability to delegate responsibilities while maintaining organizational control
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, working autonomously, and navigate with ease in a remote-first work environment
- Time zone: US EST-PST
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent accreditation or equivalent work experience
- Ability to travel as needed
Bonus if you have:
- Experience working for startups, especially blockchain companies
- Knowledge of Asana and project management skills
- Based in within commutable distance to NYC/Brooklyn for industry events
Dependent on previous experience and work location, the annual salary for this position can range from $60,000 - $90,000.
Something looks off?