Senior Quant Trader
About Drift Labs
Drift is a leading derivatives DEX building perpetual swaps on Solana. Our mission is to bring state-of-the-art trader-centric experience from centralized exchanges on-chain. We're a team of experienced traders and builders from DeFi and traditional finance working together to make this a reality.
Within five months of launching, we have:
- Hit $10B in cumulative volume traded;
- Achieved over $50M in trader open interest with $13M in collateral vault balance;
- Launched 21 trading markets.
Drift is looking for a _*_Senior Quant Trader ***to be a core member of our research team to build, scale the protocol’s dynamic AMM, spearhead the development of strategies to improve its robustness, and utilize this expertise to expand trading operations.
- Research optimizations in design of the on-chain dynamic AMM and hybrid orderbook.
- Design, implement and manage research projects to contribute to trading operations
- Lead the implementation of an analytic framework and trading data warehouse to accelerate real-time arbitrage, alpha research, trading operation and finance workflow.
- Manage portfolio risk and impact various trading strategies and infrastructure limitations on a real-time basis.
- Run simulations to track and measure risks across market scenarios.
- Ensure code and data quality to showcase reproducible work.
- Proactively engage other research community members.
- 5+ years of relevant working experience, ideally within trading/crypto
- Proficiency with Python and Rust, including developing, deploying and maintaining production quality software
- Passion for DeFi and crypto, including a deep understanding of AMMs while proactively engaging in new developments
- Strong mathematical thinking and numerical analysis skills.
- Track record of going from theoretical concepts to practical design, building, scaling and maintenance.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, with a high attention to detail
Nice to Have
- Experience with any blockchain at the protocol level
- Understanding of perpetual futures, options, margin trading and derivatives products
- Familiarity with the Solana blockchain and building applications on Solana
- Experience in data visualization frameworks
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or relevant discipline
Drift's Development Stack
- Frontend: Typescript + React
- Smart Contracts: Rust (using Anchor framework)
- Backend: MySQL
- Infrastructure: AWS
- Remote first - work from anywhere
- International team meets
- Stipend for technology related costs
Drift is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. All aspects of employment are based on merit, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply, go to https://link.drift.trade/apply