Drift - Quant Researcher
About Drift Labs
Drift is a leading derivatives DEX building perpetual swaps on Solana. Our mission is to bring state-of-the-art trader-centric experience from centralized exchanges on-chain. We're a team of experienced traders and builders from DeFi and traditional finance working together to make this a reality.
Within five months of launching, we have:
- Hit $10B in cumulative volume traded;
- Achieved over $50M in trader open interest with $13M in collateral vault balance;
- Launched 21 trading markets.
Drift is looking for a Quant Researcher to be a core member of our research team to build, scale, maintain, and spearhead the development of our decentralized perpetual futures platform. You’ll help determine the strategy around developing our dynamic virtual Automated Market Maker (DAMM), research, propose and design formulaic parameter updates, as well as run simulations to track and measure risks across market scenarios.
- Design protocol incentives and formulaic parameter updates
- Run simulations to track and measure risks across market scenarios
- Ensure code and data quality to showcase reproducible work
- Proactively engage giga brain community members
- Proficiency with Python, including developing production quality software
- Deep understanding of AMMs while proactive engaging in new developments
- Track record of going from theoretical concepts to practical design, building, scaling and maintenance.
- Strong communication & writing skills
- Passion for DeFi and crypto
- 2+ years as a quant researcher, data scientist or relevant discipline
Nice to Have
- Experience with any blockchain at the protocol level
- Understanding of perpetual futures, options, margin trading and derivatives products
- Familiarity with the Solana blockchain and building applications on Solana
- Experience in data visualization frameworks
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or relevant discipline
Drift's Development Stack
- Frontend: Typescript + React
- Smart Contracts: Rust (using Anchor framework)
- Backend: MySQL
- Infrastructure: AWS
- Remote first - work from anywhere
- International team meets
- Stipend for laptop
Drift is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. All aspects of employment are based on merit, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply, go to https://link.drift.trade/apply